The Accountant is an entry-level is responsible for various general ledger activities including reconciliations, preparation of entries, and support to the month-end close. In addition, s/he will help managing the payroll. This position is based in Arlington (VA) and reports to the Chief Financial Officer, based in Brussels (Belgium).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information;
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies;
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries;
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements;
- Responsible for legal deadlines, full monthly closing and preparation of year-end closing;
- Help drive compliance with state and federal statutory filing requirements
- Completing regular (quarterly and annual) tax reports;
- Manages receivables and actively collects cash from clients.
- Contribute towards internal controls, timely processing of staff payroll, and tax compliance
- Reconcile all payroll related accounts to general ledger processing journal entries as necessary
- Provide for month-end, calendar year-end and fiscal year end reconciliations and journals
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or similar field of study from an accredited university required
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in general accounting
- Understanding of payroll requirements and processing is required
- Experience with ADP or similar preferred
- Computer proficiency: MS Office, experience with ERP software is a plus
- Strong experience putting together reports and using Excel
Résumés should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, ref: Accountant. This is a full-time position in our metropolitan Washington, DC office and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.