In this webinar, Dawn Krawczak and Jack Welsch discussed the challenges and opportunities for the management of global audit programs that goes beyond verifying compliance with regulations and corporate standards to establishing the foundation for sustainability initiatives.
Dawn Krawczak (formerly of Sealed Air) has managed various corporate audit programs and conducted audits in locations all around the world using Enhesa's Audit tools. She has a wealth of knowledge and understanding of the linguistic, cultural and regulatory challenges auditors face.
Jack Welsch lead Enhesa's U.S. Audit team for a number of years, conducting audits at sites across a large variety of industry sectors in different parts of the Americas. Prior to taking that role, Jack managed Enhesa's Audit Protocol service, working to evolve and perfect Enhesa's Audit Protocols to meet the needs of EHS auditors.
Together, these two presenters provided valuable insight into the workings of, tools used and issues faced by corporate auditors today.
Topics discussed included:
- Guidance on managing the logistics of an international EHS audit program
- Understanding of how to incorporate corporate standards and sustainability initiatives into the audit process
- Ways to manage the complexity of understanding local regulatory requirements
- Tips for overcoming potential social and cultural differences in a global audit program
- Introduction to the 2014 Enhesa Scorecard and audit support to ensure consistent coverage of global regulatory requirements.
Dawn Krawczak, President of DTK Enterprises
Jack Welsch, Senior EHS Auditor